House league programs are available to gain skill and confidence – click on the house league tab for more information
Mini Spikes Grades 1-4 Spikes – grades 5 & 6 Club Prep – grades 6-9 (girls only) Super Spikes – grades 6-9
When will tryouts be held?
The tryout timeline is determined by the OVA. The OVA is our provincial sport organization and is responsible for publishing the Return to Play Guidelines that all clubs must follow. Tryout timelines will also be based on our ability to procure gym time. Currently the DSBN is not accepting any permit applications.
Where do I find out about tryouts?
All of the latest tryout information will be posted on the Rapids web site www.rapidsvolleyball.ca, and on Instagram, search and follow niagararapids.
What is the tentative indoor schedule for 2020-21?
The Indoor Youth Competitions calendar will not be finalized until further government regulation updates are released. However, the OVA has officially delayed the start of the competitive season until January 2021. To view the competition schedule, click the link.
What does a Rapids club season look like?
• Season runs from October to May
• 2 practices a week
• Additional training opportunities are available during the year with technical coaches and will be added into a team’s schedule.
• Practice gyms are located throughout the Niagara region
• Each team will have a minimum of 4 OVA tournaments plus participation in the Provincial Championships
• Different teams (A – D) have differing levels of commitment – scroll down for team expectations
• For the 2020/21 Competitions Calendar https://www.ontariovolleyball.org/news_article/show/1114077
• Locations of OVA tournaments are disclosed closer to tournament date and can be from held in Stratford, Guelf, Toronto, Oakville, Hamilton, Burlington, Waterloo & Niagara
• Tournaments are only one day and do not require an overnight stay. Exceptions to this is the Grand Prix which is a two day tournament for older teams only.
What are the costs associated with playing on a Rapids Club team? This information is based on last season. 2020/2021 registration fees are not available at this time. 2019/2020 season costs were between $900 – $1,200 per player – depending on the number of players on a team
Registration fee includes:
• Two practices a week plus additional technical training sessions
• 4 OVA Tournaments 12 – 17
• 5 OVA tournaments for 18u
• OVA membership • Ontario Provincial Championships
• Team sessions with a Technical Coach • Position training with a Technical Coach (15-18u)
• Skill training with a Technical Coach (12-14u) • Setter training for all age groups
• Jersey (every other year) and shorts (new every year)
Additional Fees that could be incurred:
• Coach’s accommodation for the Ontario Championships (mandatory)
• Rapids warm-up clothing (optional)
• Age Up Tournaments, Exhibition Tournaments, National Championships, USA Tournaments – as decided by the coach
• Physical training sessions