Matt is entering his second year at the helm as the Technical Director for the Niagara Rapids Volleyball Club while starting as his sixth year as a head coach for the club. Matt came from Brock University completing his undergraduate degree in Sport Management (’15) and Masters of Arts in Youth Sport Coaching (’17). He currently has a published document with one in current publication on sport coaches as well as preferences youth athletes have of their coaches behaviour and coaching styles!
– Assistant Coach: Brock Men’s Volleyball Team (Present)
– Assistant Coach: Team Ontario Red, 2018 Canada Cup Gold Medalists
– Trained Performance Coach (Old Level 3)
– Secretary – Region 3 Executive (Current)
– Former Varsity Captain for Brock University, Academic All-Canadian, and Dale Iwanoczko Award Winner (Community, Athletics, and Academics)
– Previous experiences as Head Coach with the 2016 Ontario Summer Games (Gold- Region 3) and Brock Women’s Volleyball Team
– Previous VCCE Niagara and HPC Coach
Matt will continue to work with our high performance teams while running positional clinics across the club. Additionally, Matt will be mentoring all our coaches in season planning, structure, and taking their teams and experiences to the next level!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Matt at technicaldirector@